Sunday, August 17, 2008

HOW DO CHRISTIANS DECIDE?

The Saddleback Forum with Rick Warren was a rather new approach - invite both candidates to a mega-church and ask them the same questions - but not when they are together, but separately. There is a desire for Christians to make intelligent choices in the voting booth. All too often, decisions are made based upon one issue or upon rumor or upon social pressure. Rather than simply try to sell you on one candidate or the other, I have compiled just a handful what I have heard as reasons Christians have for voting for either Barack Obama or John McCain. Since this is a blog, give me your comments as to whether you believe any of these reasons are legitimate as well as you own reasons for supporting whom you support. Given that Ralph Nader, Bob Barr, and some other minor party candidates are given no shot at winning, please confine your comments to the two major contenders:

REASONS TO VOTE FOR BARACK OBAMA
1) I want change, and I believe Barack Obama has the ability to change. In fact, he has recently changed himself, moving more towards the mainstream.
2) I believe Barack Obama can deal more effectively with the energy situation. He is not controlled by "big oil".
3) I believe Barack Obama is a Christian, and will bring his faith to bear in his decisions.
4) I believe Barack Obama will be more effective dealing with the world around us.
5) I believe Barack Obama is better able to heal our racial wounds and the time for that has finally come.

REASONS TO VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN
1) I want a pro-life president and John McCain has voted pro-life.
2) I believe John McCain will appoint Supreme Court justices who will protect our Christian freedoms and who will not expand abortion or homosexual agendas.
3) I believe John McCain is better able to protect our country against the perils we face.
4) I believe John McCain will better control spending and new or increased taxes.
5) I believe John McCain will be a stronger ally of Israel, and the future of our country is linked to our support of Israel.

WHAT DO YOU SAY?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home