Information is flowing hot and heavy - the tragedy is that so many people are voting based upon incomplete or false stories... I am good friends with many who support either McCain or Obama. What is startling to me is that those favoring McCain usually have a few good reasons for doing so while those favoring Obama either simply repeat Obama talking points or talk in the broadest of generalities. If you have been following this blog over time, I check all sides out. I have heard a lot from both sides, and indicated my endorsement in my prior post. Lots of things still go through my mind, and I will share some of them here...
1) People despair on not knowing more about Barack Obama. It is not for lack of information. They simply have to have a diversity of news sources - not just MSNBC, CNN, or other sources that the liberal ADA rates as liberal! Fox is rated 48 on a scale of 1 to 100, almost in the center, but looks conservative only by comparison. There are also many books, some written by Obama, some by people friendly to him, and some hostile to him. The same is true of McCain, except that the mainstream media have been totally uncritical of Obama/Biden and totally critical of McCain/Palin., It is not as though one side is without sin. Rather, it is because the mainstream media has taken sides and has chosen to ignore a plethora of stories about the Democrats at ALL levels and create stories unfavorable to the GOP. Remember the one about someone at a Palin rally yelling "kill him"? The Secret Service said it never happened, so the reporter probably mouthed the words himself and then wrote them as "news". The blatantly left-wing Associated Press has written dozens of negative stories on Governor Palin. I have yet to see one criticizing the frequent inconsistencies and lies of Obama/Biden. At the VP Debate for example, the McCain website listed 32 lies that Biden told. The press was silent. For example Biden said he and Barack were against any redefining of marriage to include homosexuals. On the Ellen Degeneris Show, he said to wild applause that he and Obama would vote against Proposition 8 in California if they lived there and thought a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage was "regressive". Obama voted 94 times to raise taxes. Why anyone would think he would cut them now is absurd. Higher taxes and redistribution of wealth is in his blood. Character matters, and even a modicum of research into these and dozens of other issues would reveal that the Democrats are challenged when it comes to character.
2) In the book, THE FAITH OF BARACK OBAMA, by Stephen Mansfield of the NY Times, Obama admits he found at Trinity "validation for what he already believed." When you see all the Christian things that Obama specifically DISBELIEVES, you will know he is not a Christian at all. Jesus Christ says that if you do not accept him, your father is the devil. Obama himself says he did not come to Christ as in salvation or submitting himself to him, so his father is the devil! That is why he lies so well. He lied about accepting public financing, he lied about the 250k tax threshold (he is now at 150k and dropping fast, most likely to the 42k figure he voted for THREE TIMES), he lied about Ayres, he lied about Wright, he lied about his votes which are PUBLIC RECORD, etc. It seems the biggest lie may be who he REALLY is - a Kenyan born citizen of Indonesia (per his paternal grandmother, and half-sister, and half-brother) who REFUSES to release his birth certificate and who would be the first ILLEGAL ALIEN president. Obama just went to Hawaii when his grandmother was being RELEASED from the hospital, and within a couple days, the Hawaii governor announces his birth records are "sealed". This was already done in Kenya, indicating there ARE birth records in Kenya. You cannot get a PASSPORT without a birth certificate. How can you become President without one when it is a Constitutional requirement?
3) The Democrats have a bill in the House eliminating 401k accounts. A 5% payroll tax (half by the employee and half by the employer) would create a retirement savings account. This has more potential than the endless Dem attacks on the Republicans gutting social security that come along every four years. McCain ad folks, where are you? The mainstream media is ignoring it as they do ALL news that would interfere with the talking points of the Obama campaign.
4) I hear a lot about hate. Unfortunately, most of it seems to be coming from the side making the most accusations. I have been involved in bringing people together since childhood - at 5 my parents worked in Colorado to bring Anglos and Mexicans together. I have lived in diverse situations most of my life and have an inter-ethnic family (my wife's ancestors were from Ghana, mine from Germany and Holland). I teach students from Pakistan about the Lord. I have spoken and written endlessly about the disconnects in our society. Yet in 34 years of marriage, we have had fewer comments about our marriage than there are fingers on one hand, but the hate from Obama folks has been intense. Steeped in deep political ignorance, it is next to impossible to carry on an intelligent discussion. Just like Sarah Palin was hanged in effigy and all manner of hate has been unleashed on her, so does vitriol come from the left. Look at the people supporting Obama - Hamas, the Iranian Parliament, Louis Farrakhan, Jeremiah Wright, Rashid Khalidi, George Soros, Father Plaeger, Bill Ayres, Jesse Jackson. Do you identify with the ideas of ANY of those folks? I do not.
5) I do not want one party to control everything. In the 1930's, the Republican machine in Philadelphia had massive voter fraud and all manner of evil. Nothing has changed except it is now a Donkey instead of an Elephant in charge. Why would ANYONE turn over ALL THREE branches of the government to one party, particularly when the bulk of the media firmly support that party? A free press is normally a protection, but this party wants to silence the remaining opposition. Can you imagine fallible men and women running all branches of the United States government with a cheerleader press and NO accountability? Particularly when they OPENLY ADMIT they want to eliminate dissenting voices, a trampling of freedom of speech. It is a recipe for disaster that can take decades to overcome, if at all. This is the stuff of Marxist countries and dictatorships. Unfortunately, the average voter knows NOTHING about civics and LITTLE about history. If they hear what they want to hear, as mathematically impossible and incredulous as it may be, they vote and think they are informed. It is a travesty.
6) The left has failed at everything they have done. The Soviet Union failed. Eastern Europe failed, China had to adapt. Ireland failed until it threw out socialist policies. France and Italy are trashing what Obama is advocating. It is madness! The left has destroyed the educational system, putting out indoctrinated kids who can't think for themselves. Those kids are now Obamatons who NEVER considered the truth of their guru. They have messed up the country through the courts. Obama wants the courts to administer the wealth (look at who has tried that - try Zimbabwe for starters). They have messed up the press which is rightfully losing money and influence. They have messed up Hollywood with gross immorality and violence causing many in the world to hate our culture. They messed up Cuba. They have messed up EVERY American city they have gotten their hands on - Detroit, Philadelphia, Chicago, with endless promises, little performance, and constant corruption. In Chicago, Obama got his start through deep corruption, which he euphemistically calls "Chicago Politics". They messed up our entire financial system, being in control of Congress the last two years and ignoring and/or voting down every warning sounded over the last few years. Many saw this disaster coming, but Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, and a host of other empty suits defended the corruption and mindless spending. Why on earth would you implicitly trust all the branches of government that has ALWAYS failed when in that position???
7) Obama’s people have tried to destroy Sarah Palin, Joe the Plumber and everyone else who has the temerity to question him. It seems like the Old Soviet Union, doesn’t it? If he were to win, if you are outspoken as I am, YOU would be likely to be investigated (the politics of personal destruction); maybe we would be called the FORMER United States of America!
8) It is madness to continue what doesn't work. We had three branches of government all Democratic with Jimmy Carter. It failed. We had the first two years of Clinton a failure. HIs last six years were better with the GOP Congress! The last two years gave us a financial meltdown with Dems opposing all sane proposals to prevent it. Why reward failure??? I say bring in the best and then hold THEIR FEET to the fire. I wouldn't give McCain and Palin free reign either, even though they say the same thing to ALL their crowds and even though they are people of PRINCIPLE. People are fallible, but pick the best and most honest ones you can.
9) The Associated Press has run an orchestrated a campaign against Palin and McCain with dozens of stories. They have ignored the lies of Biden and Obama, ignored his pay to play in Chicago, his busing in of folks from Chicago to neighboring Iowa to turn the caucuses against the favored Hillary, hid reneging on his promise to have a publicly funded campaign, his constant lies on the GOP, his economic and educational failures in Illinois, his putrid friends, and his and Joe Biden's wildly different (opposite) positions depending on his audience.
10) We wrung our hands when the left started taking over our churches, our colleges, our seminaries, our schools, Hollywood, science, and the press. With leftists ensconced in these positions who long ago adopted the dangerous belief that there is no absolute truth and that Bible-believing Christians are worse than Islamo-fascists, why is it a surprise when a leftist man runs and they all boost him and slander his opponents? Why is it the least bit surprising that they engage in voter fraud since they believe that the ends justify the means? These folks have long wanted to take over, and this is their best opportunity. We cannot look at any of our institutions for fairness or conscience or anything else. They must be defeated by God and by prayer. The method most used by God with the Jews was to turn their enemies against each other. I am prayer for confusion in the camp and for all the truths that have been suppressed to be openly known so our nation may survive its most serious challenge since its founding. This is not in the hands of any campaign. Jesus is Lord and HE will intervene for the sake of his saints.
11) There is a reason for old sayings...
If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
All that glitters is not gold.
A man is known by the company he keeps.
If it looks like a duck...